Thursday, October 8, 2009

UPDATE-OCTOBER 8

I have to keep this short. I just wrote 941 words on the reading reflection, re-read the email, and forgot that we have to do the webpage review also. Anyways, I found Gorski's articles to be the most thought provoking. It is funny how we applaud the increase of computers and internet access in the classroom, and how quickly we forget that unless used properly, they really are just "digital flashcards" (dont remember who said that in one of the readings). These readings have really made me rethink my approach to technology, as I am really the only person who uses technology on a daily basis in my classroom, while the students sit there quietly admiring my greatness. Time to get them actively involved.

Have a great week everybody

1 comment:

  1. There was a lot of work that week, I agree. I don't know about you, but for me, it's been hard for me to keep it all straight. What weeks to blog, which to comment. And then I focus so much on the blogging aspect, that I forget other assigments and readings.
    Speaking of readings...exhausting! I can't keep them all straight. I only wished that my thesis had something to do with technology. Then I would really feel as though this course is helping me!
    I have read so much each week, that I don't even knwo who said what anymore!

    ReplyDelete